photo credit: joiseyshowaa
I hope our readers will visit the articles below from the latest Music Education Carnival of Blogs list. Be sure to read Owen Bradley's post about his feelings toward 'non-traditional' students after seeing the film August Rush. Travis J. Weller also has an interesting take on the Grammy's and Leo Park has suggests creating a Musically Inclined Dictionary to help students build a vocabulary that will allow for 'mature, well thought out, articulate, and eloquent written and oral communication of music commentary'.
This Edition’s Posts (In alphabetical order of blogger):
- Owen Bradley presents August Rush and the state of music education
posted at The Digital Music Educator.
- Amy M. Burns presents SMART Board in the Elementary Music Classroom
posted at Elementary Music/Music Technology Blog.
- Eugene Cantera presents Thinking for a Change in Music Education
posted at Discover, Learn, Play.
- Joel presents The Art of Teaching Beginning Band
posted at So You Want To Teach?.
- Marilyn Johnson presents Teach Your Students to Strive for Excellence in Performance
posted at MJ’s Music Teaching Tips.
- Madeleine Begun Kane presents Tempo, Tempo
posted at Mad Kane’s Humor Blog.
- Mitesh presents How to Heighten your Creativity Through Music
posted at Invent Creativity.
- MsTris presents Fl Studio: Knockin Kicks | MsTrisMusic.Com
posted at MsTris.
- Leo Park presents Wiriting & Speaking Musically
posted at I Know…I Think.
- Joseph Pisano presents Quizlet.com And My Conducting Mastery Group Flashcards
posted at Music, Technology and Education: Mustech.net.
- Stengel99 presents Beginning Percussionists: Every Teacher’s Dilemma
posted at Music Ed Lounge.
- Thomas J. West presents Practice Tip #1: Make a Practice Session Schedule
posted at Thomas J. West Music.
- Travis J. Weller presents Did NO ONE “listen” to the Grammy’s?
posted at Composing Like Mad.
- DB Williams presents The Joy of Musical Performance
posted at Religion, Politics and More.